Tuesday, October 04, 2011

October? Is that you already?

I blinked and September was over. Still haven't caught my breath from all the 'back into the swing of things' that September was. I feel like I'm STILL getting back into the swing of things! But I guess that's my new normal, so I should just get used to it...

What have I been up to? School. School is going well. Busy. Bizee. BIIIIIIZZZZY. However you wanna spell it, it's busy. But it's my last year and that thought is wonderful, and surprisingly overwhelming at the same time. I didn't think I would be the type to feel this way...this excited nervousness about applying for jobs in spring and the daunting reality of "oh my goodness, I could have my own classroom next year...I have SO MUCH TO LEARN and only 7 more months to learn it". Yup, that's how I'm feeling. However, I do have the best, most wonderful and knowledgeable cooperating teacher...for which I am overjoyed and incredibly grateful for. Some people are not so lucky. I am one of the lucky ones (a fantastic teacher two years in a row?...so blessed). Now to pick her brain for the next 7 months...

Mr. Mark has been super-duper busy, too (we make a really good team right now!). Filming weddings in Toronto, Kicking Horse (B.C.), a bunch in Winnipeg, of course, and is currently in Chicago at a film workshop. No big deal. Not! I'm so freaking proud of him!!! He has worked so hard to get where he is and it makes me beam with joy and pride and mushy-gushy goodness that he is living his dream. If you haven't, make sure you check out their latest and greatest...so you know I'm for real and not making this up! Their blog is over here with their most recent work - a stunningly remarkable same day edit. Best one yet. So in love with what him and his team create. So. In. Love.

As for me and my videos?! Well, I've had to slow down a bit with this whole school thing starting up again. But I am working on something that kinda gives me goosebumps whenever I watch it:) I've got a ways to go. But something's in the works...

And lastly, a few thoughts from the deep...I have been really challenged and encouraged with the messages at church lately. Good stuff. Real stuff. Stuff that matters. The series is titled "Hope"...it deals with how to find hope in times of crisis...whatever that crisis may look like in a person's life. I'm not going through a crisis, but let's face it, life isn't lollipops and rainbows. This stuff is practical and I love it.  Whatever the life situation...major or minor crisis or just needing some answers to life's questions it's worth the listen.

Maybe this seems to be a recurring theme for me...or maybe it just helps me keep perspective (cuz life is so much about perspective; that's what I've concluded)...but here is another goody (or kick in the pants!) from Mr. Oswald Chambers (LOVE this guy. Wish we could go out for coffee...)

"We are built for the valley, for the ordinary stuff we are in...Spiritual selfishness always wants repeated moments on the mount. We feel we could talk like angels and live like angels, if only we could stay on the mount. The times of exaltation are exceptional, they have their meaning in our life with God, but we must beware lest our spiritual selfishness wants to make them the only time. We are apt to think that everything that happens is to be turned into useful teaching, it is to be turned into something better than teaching...into character." 

May your October be blessed. 

And...break time is over. Back to it...
Hope to be back soon:)




No comments:

Post a Comment